Things To Know
What is this course about?
Where string-based searching finds its stop, regexp-based searching finds its start. Regular expressions are extremely powerful, useful and time-saving, however can become really ugly and complicated if not understood the right way! This course teaches you how to work with regular expressions; where to write them; how to construct them; how to change between fixed and dynamic expressions and so on. You will learn a lot of concepts in the way and actually learn regular expressions the right way.
Benefits of learning
So what do regular expressions are to offer you?
- Not only this, but learning regular expressions will also help you in all other places where they are used extensively for instance in Apache's configuration files (including .htaccess), in languages like PHP, Python, Java etc, or just in normal usage i.e in text editors.
- Regular expressions are common out there, and not something that most developers will be completely unaware of. Learning them will mean that you are able to understand all programs, all forum discussions, all questions and much more, that involve regexp. You should always be learning what is emerging!
Why should I take this course?
When there are so many regexp courses out there why shall I consider this course? Here's why:
- Firstly we will begin with the very basics of regular expressions and then progress gradually towards the difficult concepts. But how's this different from other courses? Together with this we will assign tasks to you, take small sub-quizes so that the difficultly curve with which we progress is well fit to you.
- We teach regexp in a carefully laid out course structure. You'll never find yourself in a state of confusion because the structure with which the course is set up won't allow confusion to pass through it.
- Furthermore, we teach complicated topics like assertions, boundaries in a clean and concise way whereby you'll never even get the feeling of reading something that perhaps is complicated!
In this unit we will discover all that there is in regular expressions. We'll begin with a brief introduction to regexp, then see how to write them, where to write them while consider a handful of examples. Moving further we'll discover how to modify searching behaviour using flags; replicate patterns using quantifiers, match walls between characters using boundaries; capture matches for patterns; use string and regexp methods to solve searching problems.
Before taking this course you should know the following:
Why our courses?
Free of Cost
Every course offered at CodeGuage.com is absolutely free! No payments, no accounts, no subscriptions, nothing. Just select a course, and begin your learning journey!
Each course offered at this website is carefully planned out in a perfect hierarchical manner stepping from the very basics to advanced stuff making the course easier to digest!
We don't just simply throw details, but instead explain them. There is no point of writing ten pages to explain a concept, where the reader doesn't even understand the first line.